ads

Blogroll

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday 21 September 2011

"Raising Hope": Is the next "Parks and Recreation"? - VIDEO

"Raising Hope": Is the next "Parks and Recreation"?
It seems like yesterday (* actually, it was late last year / early this year) that all critics were meeting behind a little show called Parks and Recreation. The sample, obtaining a hearing after the depression average of 4.6 million dollars in its second season, needed a lot of this support is in its third season, which began in January this year. So critics gathered around him, praising his sharp wit and an outstanding cast. (Some magazine called him the smartest comedy on TV.) Why? Because this show was worth it, and the pain is not the media, the types to do a sight to leave early. (We tried, try Lone Star).

Now, less than a year later, I think the work that has been more people to see the parks has been well worth it. Experience not only show some growth and paste an Emmy nom (go Amy! ), But more people than ever I come to know the name. To me that is success. This year, I have a feeling of efforts have shifted to call attention to another series of fantastic and underloved: The expectancy.

This theory (and yes, that's all it is) is based on everything I've seen on Twitter, much to my fans and the media to fans of The expectancy. Those who have seen, I love it. Those who do not love, usually (in general) have never seen. And those who love it, want others to also love. Wow, this is that sound familiar ...

I think this is the year for the breeding of Hope. Well, I hope it is. I want this to be the year that the efforts of some results of the hearing of many. Because, like parks, this show deserves. If you need proof, watch the season 2 premiere, which aired tonight.

The story was simple: Jimmy (for beginners, who is the father of main character Esperanza) discovered through home videos that once was a wildly talented teenager (played by YouTube and feel Gaga Chance Grayson fan). Until one day, a flight of mini-golf putter, knocking him unconscious, which makes him lose all musical abilities. The family then proceeded to try to find ways to help Jimmy reclaim his talent. Spoiler alert: Nothing worked. Except for the beer ... more or less. The beer was just drunk enough to make it seem Jimmy talent. The beautiful thing? I do not need beer to see the talent Raising hope.

Need more proof of why this was my favorite new comedy of last year? Here are some of the best lines of the night before:

Burt: Do you think Michael would have been a star had it not been for the abuse of Joe Jackson?

"Mr. Jingles": If I wanted a minor-flat would have had to go play with the breasts of his girlfriend.

Virginia: You had ragweed.
Burt: Anemia.
Virginia: Anemia!
[Note: Both mean "amnesia".]

Virginia: It could have been an international star - like David Hasslehoff ... or Hello Kitty!

Virginia: [to Jimmy] The tape that had talent and charisma ... but that happened.

Virginia: I took bed rest ... and pray.

"Mr. Jingles" That's the worst "Chopsticks" that I ever heard. This could make three billion Chinese changed the forks.

Burt: I will never forget that day: September 11, 2001, the day I pulled the putter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment